Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mixed

I am having mixed feelings about the latest in our lives. It is no secret that I had "seasonal" depression this winter. The weather was so bad almost every day. Rick was out of town a bunch and I was pregnant. Who could blame me for not being in the best of moods, right? I wanted to move back to California like no body's business. I complained all the time. But then I figured that this is where we are supposed to be and I was going to deal. I was really getting excited for the summer. We had so much fun at the pool last year. Rick is working from home now and I was looking forward to him being able to go with us.

Then Rick says to me that he is sick of this Utah crazy weather and that he wants to move back to California. This is all I wanted for the last 6 months and now that it IS going to happen, I am really sad. I LOVE my friends here and am afraid that we will never find a neighborhood quite the same. I will be excited to live near family again, but our friends here have become family.

So... looks like (if all goes as planned) we will be back before the summer is over. Wish us luck!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow guys!! What a big decision for your family! We're happy for you though!! Just think Rick...you'll be able to play golf all year around now! Send pics of the beach for me and some good surf!! I'll be envious for sure! Good luck with everything! Much Aloha, Carl and Kristen Kennerley
www.shuzokukennerley.blogspot.com

Tyler Jorgenson said...

That'll be great to have you guys back. I've got a desk for Rick if he still wants to do home loans. Come on home!

Justin & Amber said...

Well its about time! I miss you guys and the kids, and now that we have babies that are a month apart...they can be the close cousins! Keep me posted.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

I know what you mean, I miss Utah sooo much!

{priscilla} said...

Aww Miss....what a hard decision! I love my neighborhood and will NEVER move back down unless it's like life or death. Like I said, come by me it's only 3 hours from whittier and it's a great little community!

Amanda said...

I know what you mean. I have a really hard time enjoying the now, and am usually longing for the past or the future. It is only when the present is no more, that I realize just how great it was. You are so fortunate that you made such great friends in Utah. I feel the same way about the people and lifestyle I have in Florida.

Joanna said...

You are welcome back here with open arms. Looking forward to seeing your little one before he grows too big.

the Lola Letters said...

That makes me so sad (because I'm on the Utah losing end) but I cannot say I blame you. This winter did me in too! I am 100% fed up with Utah weather. We STILL haven't seen more than one or two days of Spring at any given moment, and it's the END of May! So not right. I will really miss you guys though. We've been hibernating, and now I'm sad we didn't take more opportunities to get together :( But I hope everything goes smoothly.

Kelli Proctor said...

Well, we are so going to miss you guys! It has been so fun having you guys as neighbors and watch out I might just go rip that FOR RENT sign down in your yard you just put up, I dont like that at all! So, if your not getting any calls on your house, you know why! Just kidding, no, we are totally going to miss the Jackmans in our neighborhood, you will be missed!

Michelle Perry said...

I'm so mad I could spit. Or something.