Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yesterday...

was the the day from hell! It started at 3 am with Jett waking up super hot with a fever and then puking. We both didn't get much sleep. Next, I had to get Kaleigh and Drake ready for school in a hurry so they wouldn't miss the bus. The rest of the morning wasn't too bad, seeing as though I laid on the couch with the baby because he would cry if I was out of his sight. Then Drake called home at 11 am to state that he was sick and needed me to pick him up. I knew he was fibbing and told him to stay at school. He missed practically all of last week because he really was sick. It was pretty uneventful until the early evening when I heard the sound of running water outside my kitchen window. Come to find out that my basement floor is covered in water and the window well is full of water and keeps filling up by the second. The dumb ass builders didn't take into consideration that all the runoff from rain, sprinklers, snow, ect. has to go somewhere and since our house and our neighbors house is the lowest point , guess where it goes... So, I have a super sick child, 3 other kids to tend to, a flooding basement, 8 months pregnant, and oh, Rick is in Freaking Vegas, AGAIN! So I'm becoming super emotional at this point. Our wonderful male neighbors come to my rescue and pump out about 20 inches of water from the window well and keep the pump in there overnight to deal with the water that is still going into it and another neighbor came by to clean up the water in the basement. I was thankful to George who seemed to understand what I was going through. I heard him on the phone while he was talking to someone in our ward and the man on the phone asked something like "is it really that bad", and George stated " well, it's not that bad unless you are pregnant with 4 little kids, your basement has water in it and your husband is out of town!" I felt like he totally understood what I was thinking. It took mad self control to not burst into tears! To the people that have lived in Utah for a while, this didn't seem like a huge flooding problem. But to me, it was like, there is water in my house and that is not normal. I told Rick, while I was hysterically crying, I HATE LAS VEGAS, I HATE UTAH, I HATE this WEATHER, I HATE BASEMENTS, and I am SICK of SICK KIDS! I also HATED the fact that I was crying and being emotional. Most of you know I am not an emotional girl and I can't stand to let people hear me or see me cry. So much for that.

I am way better today. Jett woke up with no fever and is his happy self! The sun is out, mostly, and that puts me in a good mood. Don't ever take your California weather for granted. I did and now I live in Snow City USA. Sun makes me happy. I am solar powered. And, I used to think my kids got sick a lot in Cali... Well here, they have been sick on and off for the last 5 months! My husband and my mom also made me feel better, letting me know that it is OK to cry and I wasn't being stupid for letting it all out last night.

5 comments:

Jayme said...

you are SO entitled to cry! If you just had a sick child, or just the basement problem, it would be easier to handle. But everything combined, no husband at home and being really pregnant....there would be something wrong if you didn't cry!!! Hang in there. Call me if you ever need to vent. :)

{priscilla} said...

Poor You!! I So understand how you are feeling. Go on and cry girl... and blame it on the pregnancy, I always did! :) I would be freaking out more than that if I was you 'cause I am such an emotional person. A couple of times my car broke down when I was by myself with the kids...no big deal to someone else, but I called Unga crying that I was stuck on the side of the road. He's like just get out of the car and I'll come get you?! Oh is that all!!

georgeandmarie said...

Hey girl...why didnt you call me!! I am so sorry about it all. Whenever I am complaining about needing help with the kids, george always says...Marissa has 4 kids, is pregnant, and has no husband around! It puts things in more perspective for me!! You have had a really rough last while and I am so sorry i havent been much help!! PLEASE call me whenever and if you need anything from George or I please let us know. Even though George isn't one that likes to... he wants to for you!!

Rachel Garces said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day. It's so terrible that when it rains, it pours. It can't just be one thing, it has to be 15. I'm here if and when you need me. If I could afford to I'd come help you for a couple days. love ya.

A new Flight Attendant, said...

Ah the joys of life are just better when you're pregnant huh. Sorry for your rough day. Utah is just a love/hate relationship.