Thursday, February 28, 2008

Grateful

After my "woe-is-me" post a few days ago, I thought I would do one that recognized the good things in my life. So here goes....

I am more in love with my husband than ever. I used to be afraid that one day, and that day may still come, I just wouldn't be madly in love with him anymore. After almost 8 years, it is the total opposite. I think that him being gone so much has "made the heart grow fonder". I get so excited when he gets home!
He is a terrific provider. He always has "something up his sleeve" and it always, always works out. It's amazing. Being the mom to 4, almost 5, kids is tough, but I would much rather be the Mom than be the provider!

The blessings of prayer. It works, crazy enough. I feel like I only pray regularly when I really need something. I am trying to do better at this. But still, even when I do pray when I need something, He comes through. What a priceless gift! Also tithing. If you just put faith in the fact that you are being obedient in doing so, you will be taken care of. Believe it!

Yeah my kids are always sick with the flu or colds, but they are relatively healthy. We haven't had to go through any major problems. My kids being free from a true medical emergency is something to truly be grateful for.

I have made some wonderful, life-long friends here in Utah. When I'm going through tough times or just need someone to hang out with, these girls are up for anything. I really do care about them and the feeling seems mutual. The friends that Rick and I have made are awesome!

My Mom and Kathy. My mom has been up here so many times since we have moved. She always finagles her work schedule around so that if I need her, she is here. It makes it not too bad with the whole "not having family around" thing when we see her every other month. And then there is Kathy. She is a lady that lives behind us and actually reminds me of my mom, except she likes to clean. She watches the kids if I need to go run errands. She babysits for us when we go out. It is so nice to not have to worry about leaving the kids for long periods of time with a sitter. She is awesome! The kids think they have a 3rd grandma. Jett cries at the back door for her if he see her across the way in her own house. And the boys ask to play at her house instead of their friends houses. She was sent to me for a reason. I would be even more crazy with Rick out of town if I didn't have Kathy. She even came in my house one day while I was out and cleaned it because she felt bad that I was alone and pregnant. What a thing to come home to!

I could go on and on, but this is already too long....

2 comments:

{priscilla} said...

You're Awesome Miss!

Kelli Proctor said...

We think you guys are awesome! Keep up the great attitude!