Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cade's Funny Thoughts

For some reason, my kids are obsessed with dying and flying. I know, weird. They think that with dying comes an automatic pair of wings. I believe in angels and all, but I just don't think they get the picture. They always talk about wanting to live with Jesus and Heavenly Father, which is wonderful, but I constantly remind them that that time will come soon enough, but right now we have to live our lives the best we can so someday we can live with them again. Anyway, this morning, here was my conversation with Cade:

Cade: Do you want to fly, Mom?
Me: Sure, but humans can't fly like birds do?
Cade: Well, do you remember George's dad?
Me: Yes?
Cade: Marie told me that George's dad passed away and now he can fly! I want to fly too! Do you think George's dad can fly?

By this time I was laughing. First, because he used the phrase "passed away" and Second, because he is so freakin' cute when he talks. I also thought it was funny that he remembered this conversation that he had with my friend/neighbor in Utah.

Cade: Will George's dad live again some day?
Me: Yes. When Jesus comes again.
Cade: OK, Good. (with a sigh of relief)

This made me grateful for the knowledge I have that my family will be together forever. And it made Cade happy that George will see his dad again. And also that one day he might be able to fly, too!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Cade seriously cracks me up. That kid is so funny.

Kelli Proctor said...

aw...what a sweet little conversation! What a cool kid!

George said...

cute!! I totally remember that conversation and when I said George's dad died and went to heaven he asked me if he had wings now and if he was flying. So funny that he has the connection in his mind! he is such a funny kid!!

Ashley said...

Cade is too cute! How funny! And yes... I AM HUGE! I've already gained 40 lbs and I still have another 3 weeks to go... Ugh.

{priscilla} said...

how cute! i've had plenty of 'weird' conversations with my boys when my in-laws passed away. they always ask if grandma and grandpa can still see them?! kids are too funny!