Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Back to Utah

Just for a visit! We spent the Thanksgiving Holiday back in Eagle Mountain with Kathy and Bob, our beloved neighbors. The kids were so excited to see all of their friends from the neighborhood, as were Rick and myself ;o) We drove up on Tuesday which took us 11 hours! So long! It took us 2 hours to go 30 or so miles. I loath California traffic.

Thanksgiving was awesome. Just a nice day all around. We spent the night before with Rick's cousin Ryan and his wife Jocelyn. We love them and miss them so much! I would have liked to stay longer but there was cooking to be done at Kathy's. I made my infamous Meatballs & Weenies and Dixie Salad. I love Thanksgiving food! And the Turkey that Kathy made was super tasty, along with everything else she whipped up.

On Friday we went back to the Gleason's to hang out for a bit before our 2nd Annual Naughty & Nice Christmas Party. When I told the girls that we were coming, they thought it would be a perfect time to have this party that was supposed to be annual, but then we moved away. It was a great night (to say the least)! The only draw back is that Rick got really sick at the end of it and had to cut his HALO night short because he was feeling pukish. I actually got to go with him to Ryan's because Kathy insisted that I go spend time with my girls (Jayla and Jocy) even though it was already almost midnight. She loves my kids! And me!

I already am crazy missing all of our great friends. You don't find friends like them often. I think I'll hold on to them (all of you on Pinehurst Drive and anyone who was once or is now a Gleason or is related to someone who married a Gleason ^_^) for a while! Love you guys!!!






(click this one to see what Cade's face really looks like)




Jocelyn and her amazing "box biting" skills

3 comments:

Natalie Garces said...

Im glad you guys had fun! Cade's face is so funny in that one picture.

Justin & Amber said...

Why was Cade making that face...he so cracks me up! And you will have to explain Jocelyn's box biting skills. Thats a good story for cards which is tomorrow!!! Yay. Ill see you tomorrow.

the Lola Letters said...

Ha ha! Great face!