Friday, December 12, 2008

Last Person on Earth!

Finally, I saw TWILIGHT. Rick actually went with me. I was so excited for him to at last get why I was so involved with these books. And, I have to say.... CHEESE BALL! I really don't get what everybody loved about it. It did have some OK parts, like the baseball scene and any scene where Edward wasn't trying not to eat Bella (I guess that's why every word that came out of his mouth seemed forced???) Bella was a good "Bella" and I loved Jacob! You've come a long way "Shark-Boy"!
Edward played a good Vampire, but where were the teeth once he got mad? I have been a fan of Vampires ever since I can remember (Lost Boys did it to me) and this movie was a let down. The whole time I was thinking, "Rick is gonna be pissed that I dragged his butt to this flick." When in fact, he was enjoying the movie! What!? I know it's because he had no idea of what was coming next. He thought the story line was good, I told him the book is even better and that he should jump on the band wagon and read it. No such luck. He'll wait for the movies and I'll stick with the books!

I could say quite a few more words about the "B" Movie, but my Ace is crying (he must have seen it too).

3 comments:

Cody and Jayla Campbell said...

uh...ya I'm gonna have to agree with ya on this one. WHAT A LET DOWN!!! so after talking about it at the christmas party i came home and started reading, read it in 3 days and went to the movie the night i finished. It was a little cheezy for me! dang it! i can't imagine draggin my husband to it though...good job! hoping they only get better...right?

Elissa said...

Hey Marissa!! This blog was so funny, loved the "You've come a long way Sharkboy!" Didn't even realize it was him until a friend pointed it out, my son Reese loves that movie! Thanks for the suggestions for perfume!

the Lola Letters said...

I know, right!? I had the same experience w/ people who haven't read the books - they loved the movie because they didn't have the high expectations that readers did. I thought the hair and make-up work was freaking horrendous! I laughed at loud (at parts that were totally not supposed to be funny) several times throughout the film. They canned the director though, so I am HOPEFUL HOPEFUL HOPEFUL for New Moon.

I agree about Jacob too! That was one of the only character I liked! (Hated Bella. I seriously felt like ANY actress -blonde, redhead, headless,- would have been better than that Bella. She was barf... (yes, I just said barf - awesome, right?) Hope you guys had a great Christmas!