Monday, September 17, 2007

Rick is home now, at least for this week. Those 2 weeks without him was pretty tiring. Last week was good though. I went to breakfast with my friend and neighbor Kandi. We both just took our babies. All of the other kids were in school. It is so nice to be able to do things with one child in tow. After breakfast I went to Costco. They have the best stuff there. I went in for only 4 items and walked out, $150 later, with the cutest Christmas cards. They were super cheap and cuter that anything I could make for that price. I also got the book "Twilight". I have been reading it all weekend. I haven't gotten very far. Something always seems to come up that makes it impossible to read. If I read at night, I get too tired and fall asleep. I tried to read yesterday afternoon, but Rick wanted me to watch Blades of Glory with him. So I finished my chapter and did just that. The movie was funny, but Rick thought it was way more funny than I did. I think those movies are geared toward guys anyway. They like that stupid humor. I am excited to back to the book.

On Friday, I went to Kandi's house for lunch and then I had to get ready for a big meeting we were having at our house. I left Kandi's @ around 1 and cleaned until 6:30. I did the kind of cleaning you do when you have strangers coming to your house for the first time. You don't want them to think you are slobs so you clean every crevice in your house. At least that is what I did. I wiped down all the base boards, doors, mouldings, and air returns. I even cut my finger on one of the vent slits. I bleached the crap out of the kids bathroom. My boys don't have the best aim. I always smell urine in that bathroom. I washed everything that could go into the washer. I must say I was elated with the end result. The house looked great and I was proud of myself for getting it done a half hour before our guests were to arrive. I am happy I did it because we had family over for dinner on Sunday, and Rick's sister Mindi is coming to visit today. So now I can sit around and relax.

The meeting went good. We are so on our way to the cruise to the Caribbean. Rick is working on getting it by the end of this week. We have until Oct 19th, so we are a shoe in! And now that he is home, he can really concentrate on it.

Saturday we went to Drake's soccer game in the morning and then Rick was off to another meeting. I didn't take Kaleigh to her game because we couldn't find her other cleat and it would have been too hard to watch all the kids by myself at the the field. I also had Trae, he is our friends child. He is a little more than a handful. It is a good thing he is so cute. Rick got home around 4 and then we got ready to watch the best college football team around. SC beat the crap out of Nebraska so it was a good night!

Today I have to take Kaleigh to Hula and then we are going to Rick's softball game. I love cheering for Ricky Big Balls. When he does something good, or while he is running, I yell "Go BB!" and nobody knows what I am really saying. That is the best nick-name, if I may say so myself!

6 comments:

jillian said...

arent you excited that you are having another one?? your life sounds crazy. I cant beleive you do it with rick gone so much!

Whitney Palmer said...

i remember going over to your house in high school and it was soooo messy....i used to sit and fold laundry if we were in front of the tv....good that things have changed!

Carolee said...

Hey Marissa, We are living in Alta Loma and are loving it. My husband is doing his residency at Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in Colton. Im so glad you have a blog so, it makes it so easy to keep in touch.

Stacy said...

I cant believe your pregnant!! Congrats! yea, adam was in las vegas for a few days and i got pretty bored. It was nice at first but after that i got really bored!

King Klan said...

yes i do have some of the pictures the ones sherry ordered. ill look and see if i have the rest.

Natalie Garces said...

Of course!!!! I didnt take pictures of that though. Trying to keep think PG-13 on my blog page. Miss you guys when are u coming down again???