Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm BACK!

So... The month of August was a crazy one. We were in California for a week and got to spend some time with family. It is so complicated now when we do make it down to Cali. There is never enough time to see everyone we would like too. We mostly spend all of our time with the fam. I took all the kids to Doheny, down in Dana Point. The Baby loved the sand! He only tasted it a few times and I guess decided that it wasn't for him. Cade and his cousin Nico, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of it.




When we got home from Cali, I had 4 days to get ready for our annual trip to Maui. It actually wasn't that big of a deal, though. I make sure all the laundry was done before we left Rick's parents house. So I pretty much took half the clothes out of the suitcase and was then ready for the trip. I take a small amount of clothes for each of us because we are in swimsuits all day and we never wear all the stuff I pack anyway. Hawaii was super fun! I think each of the boys puked a few times and the baby had diharea the entire time! Hawaii is not Hawaii without our kids pooping and puking! Matt stayed with us in our room and was a big help with the kids. We took our yearly drive to Ululani's Shave Ice. It is the best ever! I always get the passion fruit, it's my fav.




Then we were off the the Plantation. We had never been there before, and when Katie suggested it, I was all for it. You can only spend so many hours in the water. So anyway, Matt got to husk a coconut
and we all took the tram ride around the grounds. It wasn't a huge place, but fun anyway!

We got home early Saturday morning. We took the red eye home, and boy was that fun. I didn't get to sleep at all because I was so worried that the baby would wake up everybody else on the palne. As soon as I would get comfortable, he would wake up crying! The trip was awesome though. Can't wait til next year!




Kaleigh started school that Tuesday. 2nd grade already. She is getting so big!




She turned 7 on Thursday. Needless to say, BUSY!!! My mom came to Utah for her birthday.


We took her, and 3 of her friends, to see the BRATZ movie and then out to dinner. We had a good time!


Next was Rick's birthday on Friday. It was nice to have my mom in town so we didn't have to worry about what time we got home. We went to Ruth's Chris for dinner and then went to the movies to see Rush Hour 3 (it was Rick's birthday). That steak was superb! I highly recommend it!





Then on Monday I had a doctor's appointment. I hadn't been feeling good for about 3 weeks and had no clue what was wrong with me. He ended up giving me this prescription for anxiety. I went to the pharmacy to get it filled and happened to walk by some pregnancy tests. It didn't even cross my mind that I could be pregos. But... I am. You would think, this being my 5th, that I would have some kind of idea. Rick was stoked! I am way excited now too. If it's a boy, Ace Vaughn, and a girl, Avery Marie. I already had these names when I was pregnant with Jett!



Next, and last, Drake's first day of Kindergarten. Wow, two kids in school! It is great! He loves going to school on the bus with his sister.


So now I am all caught up! Now we are in September... soccer, preschool, hula, and pregnant!

9 comments:

Jayme said...

way cute pictures...finally!! :)

Whitney Palmer said...

very busy summer! Again, congrats on #5!

Rachel Garces said...

yeah, you posted more pics. sounds like your summer was busier than ours and i didn't think that was possible. are you feeling better? or is this one still kicking your butt?

jillian said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I cant believe you are having 5 kids!!! Thats so awesome. Seriously your kids either look like a total jackman, or a total garces, its so cute!

Mindi said...

'bout time I got to see pics of my WHOLE family in Hawaii!! Can't wait for next year to be there too! Your fam is beautiful, can't wait to see ya in a couple of weeks! Love ya.

Natalie Garces said...

Yeah, I miss him really bad. We should go up there and visit them one weekend. Love the pics by the way, it looks like you guys had tons of fun.

Natalie Garces said...

By the way sooo sorry you felt like crap at the wedding. Next time you come down us girls should do somthing fun together:)

Katie Dunn said...

Congrats on #5...Looks like Hawaii was super fun! Your kids are so cute...I am up in Provo now so let me know if you ever need a sitter!

Katie Dunn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.