Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A New Addition!

No... not another baby! But I bet some of you were thinking that!

About 2 weeks ago my Washer decided that it was through working. It washed just fine, but refused to drain. I thought we had a warranty, but of course, we didn't. Let me just say, I am sick of buying washers and dryers. We had a perfectly good dryer when we moved to Utah, but our house only had hookups for electric and ours, surprise surprise, was gas. So we bought a new one and Rick just gave our other one away to some worker guy. Then, we move back to California and now we have gas hookups. What the Crap! So we bought another gas dryer (but I did make Rick keep the other one in the garage, just in case). Then this with the washer. I decide it was time for me to have one of those front loading ones. I have sooooooo much laundry, it's ridiculous! I've heard you can put way more clothes in those ones than the regular ones. So we bit the bullet, and bought one (so much for a savings). I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, but still wanted a nice one. I chose the LG. We have a bunch of LG appliances and they have done us well (I hate you GE). So we will see how long this one lasts. Now I just have to save for the matching dryer. I saw no point in buying it right away, seeing as though we just bought one 2 months ago!
Here's the deal (I think it was a deal) I got: Sears had it for $1099. But if I got white it went down $100. SO of course, I got white (it's in my garage anyway). Then they had 15% off, so that took it to $850. But then tax and delivery and haul away... My total came to $990. Not that great, I know, but then I got to send away for some rebates that, should they all come, will be $245. So my real total, for a nice piece of machinery that feels like family cuz I spend more time with it that anyone else, was $745. Pretty good!

3 comments:

Michelle Perry said...

I LOVE my front loading washer. You can really stuff them full. You can do a mountain of laundry in one day, and I always have a mountain of laundry!

Kelli Proctor said...

I did think that, and I didnt doubt it for a second until I kept reading! haha! Front load is the best, I love mine and you got the best deal ever! good job! I hope you still love me, and you arent mad at me! AAAAAHHHHHHHH! You know I think you are gorgeous!

Brian's Ghoulies said...

I am SO with you on the laudry thing!! I am usually super cheap, but I don't mess around with washers and dryers. I wanted a front loader, (actually bought and returned one, duh) but it won't work in our stinkin' laundry room.

*We're really glad you're back*