Wednesday, October 17, 2007

California

We had a blast in California! We left Wednesday the 10th in the afternoon, right after Kaleigh got out of school. We drove (myself and the kids) to Las Vegas, where we were meeting Rick. He has been working there since September for his old company FJR Pacific. He is working on this big, huge, LONG, job for Pepsi. Anyway, we stayed with him, Stevie, Matt, and another guy named Steve at the house the company has leased for the job. It was quite the place. I noticed all the Asian inspired art throughout the house. When I mentioned it to Rick, he said "Oh, just wait." Much to my surprise, in the room we were staying in, there was a gigantic painting of an Asian woman bearing her boobs! Nice. The kids couldn't stop staring and commenting on it.

We woke up early (thanks to Jett) and went to see the work Rick has been doing. Crazy stuff. I always joke that it is amazing that the stuff they do actually works. I don't think that Rick thinks it is a funny joke , though. We left there around 8 am and started our journey, again. We arrived in Chino, California @ 11:15 am. I didn't think I drove that fast, bit I guess I must have.

The kids couldn't wait to see their cousins, so we dropped our stuff off at my mom's and then headed to Rachel's. We stayed there pretty much all day and just chatted while the kids played. It was nice and relaxing.

The next morning we were planning on going to Disneyland. It has been sad for me being so far away from the things I took for granted. We used to go to Disneyland at least twice a month, if not more. Now it has to be a big to do. I bought passes because I plan om going at lest 3 more times before they expire. I wanted to get there by 10 am so we could do as much as possible. but, Kaleigh woke up and said she was so sick that we couldn't go. She threw up and then went to sleep. When she woke she was ready to go, much to the boys delight.

We had a great time. My two sister-in-law's came too. My mom had all of her grand kids there. All 10 of them!

Jett was super tired, but still managed to hold his baba



On Saturday we went to my niece's 3rd birthday at Chuck E Cheese's. That was surprisingly fun. On the way home Cade was complaining that he was feeling sick. I was trying to pull over when he puked. I had given him this little bag to try to get it in, which he did, mostly. Amber, another sister-in-law, was with us and was holding the bag while I was trying to clean him up. We were both trying not to puke ourselves, seeing as though we are both pregnant. No trip is ever a vacation without a little puking going on!

All in all, it was a fun and eventful time. We left California @ 6 am on Monday and made it home @ 3:45 pm, Utah time. It took me less than 9 hours. I even stopped for a total of 1 hour. I am a speed demon, I guess!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your boys are growing so fast...I can hardly tell who is who! Of course, they are as adorable as ever.