Wednesday, January 2, 2008

This year, instead of just thinking about (or telling Rick about) some New Year's Resolutions that I want to TRY to accomplish, I am going to write them out in hopes that I actually follow through. I find that if I write something down I always remember it and rarely need a reminder of it. So.... here they are.



Having 4 children with another on the way gets pretty hectic. The laundry piles up, the dishes don't always get done, and I seldom make time to just play with my kids. With each new baby I try really hard to enjoy them, to spend quality time with them because they grow up and they are never those precious little babies again. But my older kids don't get the same treatment. I feel as though I am always yelling at them to clean their rooms or screaming at them to be quiet so I can rest. This year I am going to put more time into ALL of them! Reading books before the "goodnight prayer", saying the "goodnight prayer", FHE (even if it is not the most structured), and things of that sort.

The Temple...We are going once a month. We live in Utah, no excuses!

I tend to be... what's the right word... witchy, with a "B". I think that goes along with the control freak thing. Rick is so good to me and I am starting to realize that I am a hard person to please. I also don't put all my faith into him when it is decision making time. I seem to second guess him a lot and then when all is said and done, I say to him, "Why didn't I just trust you all along". He is the patriarch of our home and family and I will do my best to relinquish my control to him. Also, I will be more pleasant and happy ( he always seems to be).

Church... It starts at 11 now. We should have no problem being on time!

I am going to be Grateful. Grateful for the things we already have. Grateful for our home (even if it is in Utah). I have been giving Rick a hard time for moving the family here. I loved it, until I became pregnant. I think because everyone and their mother is pregnant in this state, it feels less special. The receptionist in the doctor's office are not too friendly, the doctor sees tons of "us" every hour and in every store you go to at least half the women have a round belly just like mine. I have to spend $355 every visit because they want their money up front, and I have insurance! That said, I was in the shower on New Year's Eve (where I do my best and clearest thinking) and decided, "This is where I live now, get over it! I have great friends, the kids have great friends, and Rick is so happy here. I need to be too." I'm going to be GRATEFUL!


Hopefully, now that I have written them down, I will have to accomplish them, or at least work on them diligently.

6 comments:

Kelli Proctor said...

Go Marissa! I like it! I want to do the temple thing with you guys! Can we go with you guys?

georgeandmarie said...

That is so awesome!! you have set some really good goals! This will be a great year!!

{priscilla} said...

Good for you Miss! I like your goal to spend more time with your kiddos! I've decided to do the same thing for my little munchkins. Especially my boys! I've decided to go out on a "date" with each of them once a month. They need more love from their momma since all my time is spent with the baby now.

Mindi said...

You go Missa! You know what is funny, most of my goals are exactly the same as yours!!!! Are we two peas in a pod!?! :) Good luck! I will be cheering you on!

Amanda said...

Good for you! I am the worst at being consistent with New Year's Resolutions. You have some great goals and I'm sure your 2008 will be awesome!

Krista Kneeland said...

Great goals Marissa. Congrats on the upcoming baby # 5. That is exciting you go Girl. Your kids pictures are darling.Krista